Outside temperature: :
Two years before his death at the Battle of Speyerbach in 1703, Major General von Hochkirchen of the Emperor’s army commissioned the Florentine Baroque sculptor Joachim Fortini to create an effigy that would decorate his tomb monument in the Church of Saint Francis ad Olivas in Cologne. The church was demolished in 1804. Two years previously, however, the white marble effigy of von Hochkirchen was moved to the cathedral. Other figures decorating his tomb monument were auctioned off. Von Hochkirchen is depicted in full armour and wearing high leather boots. His torso is upright, his left elbow leans on a feathered helmet, his eyes gaze to the right, and his right arm rests on a marshal’s staff.