Outside temperature: :
The St Peter portal is the only one of the cathedral’s twelve portals to have been at least partially completed during the Middle Ages. It was used as a template for the design of the other portals in the nineteenth century. Members of the Parler family, a family of famous sculptors and masters, carved the figures that decorate the portal between 1370 and 1380. On either side of the bronze doors stand large jamb figures, five of which are originals: (starting on the inside and moving out) Peter, Andrew, and James in the northern (left-hand) jamb; Paul and John in the southern (right-hand) jamb. Because the original statues were in such poor condition, they were removed and replaced by cast stone replicas between 1972 and 1980.