Outside temperature: :
This display cabinet was made at the end of the nineteenth century for the storage of processional banners. The banner seen here was designed by the Utrecht-based artist Wilhelm Mengelberg in 1897 and made by Minna Peters in Neuss in 1897/98. It depicts the Adoration of the Magi under a magnificent octagonal Gothic-style baldachin. In terms of its composition, it is reminiscent of the Adoration of the Magi scene in Stephan Lochner’s altar-piece of the city’s patron saints. Four angels playing musical instruments accompany the dignified event in the tracery-decorated section below.