Outside temperature: :
The window showing St Catherine and St Heribert was made by the Cologne glass-painter Peter Grass around 1856/57. The design was stipulated by the cathedral’s head architect, Ernst Friedrich Zwirner, who insisted that the motifs of the new windows in the choir chapels closely resembled those of the cathedral’s medieval windows. This explains why he chose to depict saints framed under canopies, a prominent feature of the medieval windows in the choir. The two coats of arms of the City of Cologne in the socles on which the saints stand indicate city patronage; the restoration and completion of the choir chapel windows in the nineteenth century were funded by the City of Cologne.