Outside temperature: :
Sometime after 1260, a new tomb was erected in the Chapel of St Stephen for the remains of Archbishop Gero, who died in 976 and was buried in the old cathedral. The strikingly slender, almost plain tomb chest comprises a two-part stone casket on a richly profiled base. On top of this chest is a slab of red sandstone inlaid with a mosaic of red and green porphyry and white marble. This slab had previously been set in the floor of the old cathedral and marked the spot where Gero was buried. The original grid surrounding the tomb chest is actually mounted upside-down. When turned up the right way, as was originally the case, the points of the vertical rods were used for holding candles.