Outside temperature: :
Historical documents record the donation of a candle beam by the Brotherhood of the Holy Cross, which was founded by the Cologne Guild of Tailors, sometime around the year 1400. The beam held five candles and was situated in front of the Altar of the Cross (Gero crucifix). This means that it is still in its original location. The side of the beam facing the ambulatory features eleven scenes relating to the Passion and resurrection of Christ. Painted in the early fifteenth century, many parts of the beam were painted over sometime around the year 1460. There is a Baroque inscription on the back of the beam.