Outside temperature: :
After the Mausoleum of the Magi was removed in 1892, the axial chapel was completely redecorated. Church painter Friedrich Stummel redecorated the chapel using bold reds, blues, and golds. He also refreshed and restored any remnants of the chapel’s medieval paintingssuch as the coats of arms and the two donor figures on the altar wall. The new murals in the side areas depicting St John the Baptist second from left and the three knights (undoubtedly from the Theban Legion) are Stummel originals. Wilhelm Mengelberg of Utrecht designed the door of the medieval aumbry, which was originally intended to house holy relics.