Outside temperature: :
Sometime around the year 1500, Victor of Carben (14321515) donated seven sandstone sculptures to Cologne Cathedral: an Anna Selbdritt sculpture, statues of St Barbara, St Joachim, St Joseph, and St Catherine of Alexandria, and a two-part Annunciation group that is divided between the two piers at the entrance to the Lady Chapel. The Virgin Mary and St Anne, together with their respective husbands, Joseph and Joachim, were part of the Holy Kinship, Christ’s extended family. The artist who is generally referred to as the ‘Victor of Carben master’ is sometimes thought to be Johann Spee. The tower in the background of this sculpture identifies the female figure as St Barbara.